Tuesday, February 22, 2011

My Six Week Appointment

Bebe's endless weight checks continued, and we were getting very used to spending long days in long lines just waiting for our turn to come. and then the moment I had been half waiting for and half dreading finally arrived. It was time for my six week appointment. Yes the far distant date set at the time of Bebe's birth had finally arrived. I kept telling myself that I would weigh myself, and start exercising just as soon as I had my 6 Week Appointment. I went to my doctors office, and was in and out in about thirty minutes. It was determined that I was healthy, healed, and ready to go.
Bebe and I went home, and soon it was time for her nap. When she had drifted off. I went into the bathroom, and prepared to meet my nemesis, the scale. I really had no idea what to expect. I finally took the plunge, and stepped on with both eyes closed. I tilted my head down, and began to open one eye. The number looking back at me was a total shock. I opened the other eye just to make sure I had read it right. I had. The number was 125.5. I was baffeled. I didn't need to loose 20 or more pounds. As usual I had made things so much worse than they really were. I was only a few pounds away from my prebaby(preBebe) weight.
Then I took the next step. I hadn't looked at my stomach since that day in the hospital. Now was as good a time as any. I looked in the mirror, and yes my stomach was slightly bigger than it had been, and I was just a little bit on the flabby side, but I felt great, and I looked pretty good too.
I decided to try so gentle walking, and lifting, just to see if I could do it. I grabbed the baby monitor, and went out into the garage where we had a little home gym. I found that I was in really good shape, and I was so very grateful. I once again felt overpowered by emotion. Was there anything this body couldn't do if I treated it kindly? I knew that I was blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment